Architectural & Interdisciplinary Studies is a unique degree, allowing you to combine the study of architecture with other modules from across UCL.
Ideal for students with a multidisciplinary skill set who enjoy making cross-curricular connections, Architectural & Interdisciplinary Studies BSc has both a three and four-year pathway, the latter including a year’s Study Abroad.
This programme is unique in the UK, allowing you to tailor your own degree by taking modules at The Bartlett School of Architecture alongside other modules from across UCL. The greatest strength of the programme is its interdisciplinary nature. As such, it is ideal for highly motivated, independent students who are interested in architecture, design, and urban studies, but who also wish to take advantage of electives on offer elsewhere in UCL.
- Learn key architectural ideas and spatial strategies at the world-leading Bartlett School of Architecture, working in state-of-the-art, bespoke facilities
- Tailor your degree to your own fields of interest and take modules from across UCL, nurturing a unique knowledge and skill set
- Be part of a select and close-knit community of students led by dedicated staff, many of whom are working practitioners and leaders in their field
- Enjoy the opportunity to study abroad for a year and to take part in the UK’s biggest architecture Summer Show
“I have been able to draw together a wide range of disciplines that have informed one another and enriched my creative practice.
Natalie Newsome, Architectural and Interdisciplinary Studies BSc student, 2017
Each year, students take 75 credits of modules from within The Bartlett Schools of Architecture, Planning, and Construction & Project Management.
The remaining 45 credits of modules each year are selected from a wide range of schools both within The Bartlett and more widely across UCL.
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Students must take one of these 30 credit modules:
- Project X: Design and Creative Practice 3 (Elizabeth Dow)
- Architectural Research III (Dr Brent Carnell)
Students can choose to take both of the above by selecting the other module as one of their optional modules.
- Read the full entry requirements for this programme on the UCL Undergraduate Prospectus.
Applications for this course have now closed and will reopen again in October for 2020.
Fees and funding
- Tuition fee information can be found on the UCL Undergraduate Prospectus
- For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding section of the UCL website.
What our students say
Architectural & Interdisciplinary Studies BSc allows you to tailor your degree to your interests and desired direction.The programme supports students in the pursuit and development of their own creative and critical voice, encouraging them to continually refine and criticise their chosen methods of space creation and representation.The experiences I have had have been fantastic and I believe the opportunities I have been offered are due to the range of skills I developed through such a formidable multidisciplinary education.The openness of the dissertation module gave me an opportunity to learn about a subject in which I had a great interest, and turned it from an interest into something about which I am passionate.
Our graduates enjoy excellent employment opportunities and pursue careers in the fields of art, design, film, media, and curatorship, as well as related fields such as planning or project management.