Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
EDI at UCL means promoting fairness, being attentive to the impact of social identities and putting the most disadvantaged members of our community at the centre of university life. Inclusion celebrates 'difference' and values it as an asset, but it can require more thought, time, and resources to meaningfully accommodate it.
To get involved, student and staff can contact their departmental Inclusion Lead and apply to join their departmental EDI Committee.
EDI Dialogues @ UCL - Arts & Humanities
Our new podcast features dialogues on all things EDI in conversation with UCL Arts & Humanities staff members, students, as well as external interlocutors.
- Talk with Pilar Quintana: Latin American Female Literary Scene, 5 June 2023
- UCL Astrea/UCL Menopause Network Workshop: Navigating the Menopause at Work, 6 June 2023
- Uncomfortably Off: Why the Top 10% of Earners Should Care About Inequality, 7 June 2023
- "Advancing the Dialogue on the BAME Awarding Gap" by Prof Jason Arday, 13 June 2023
- Challenging the Binary: Non-Binary, Genderqueer, and Gender-Neutral Language, 13-15 June 2023
- Critical Global Health: Colonial Legacies, Contemporary Inequities, 14 June 2023
- MA Race, Ethnicity and Postcolonial Studies Information Session, 14 June 2023
- Children's Voices of Migration: Historic and Contemporary Experiences, 21 June 2023
- London LGBTQ+ STEM Conference 2023, 29 June 2023
Recordings of Past Events
‘African Apocalypse’: Unveiling the trail of colonial violence and its enduring legacy
- Diversifying the Curriculum
The UCL Arts & Humanities’ EDI Team are working across departments to encourage decolonialising the curriculum. Here is some of the work being undertaken in the faculty and beyond:
- EDI on your year abroad
Programmes offered by UCL Arts & Humanities may incorporate a year abroad. A year abroad can provide an excellent chance to engage with different cultures. However, this can provide some challenges in terms of EDI. If your programme includes a year abroad and you have any concerns or would like to talk about any issues regarding your time abroad, we encourage you to talk to your personal tutor, use the UCL report and support system, or contact student services. You may also want to contact the chair of your departmental EDI committee.
- EDI Resources
- Department EDI pages