UCL in east London
UCL East builds on our progressive history, positive impact and disruptive spirit.
We are bringing together UCL academics, students, local communities and industry to solve the biggest challenges affecting people’s lives and the planet – today and into the future.
A university campus fit for the 21st century and beyond
Our schools and centres
Find out how our schools are finding innovative solutions to the biggest global challenges through their teaching and research.
Explore east London
Take a look at the history of the area around UCL East, and what's going on today.
Contribute to our ground-breaking research, technology and innovation by completing one of our new interdisciplinary degree programmes.
Life at UCL East
Get involved in the incredible things that happen everyday at UCL East. Live, work and study at our new east London campus.
Breaking down walls to turn challenge into change
- Nine faculties coming together.
- More than 50 new cross- and interdisciplinary UG and PGT programmes.
- Up to 4,000 students and around 260 academic staff.Just a stone's throw away from UCL’s Bloomsbury campus – 7 minutes on the fast train from St Pancras to Stratford International.
- Cutting-edge facilities designed for genuine collaboration across disciplines and communities.
- An innovative ‘fluid zone’ on the ground and first floors of our buildings, to welcome in visitors and the public, as well as UCL staff and students.
“At UCL East, we are creating an experiential and accessible learning environment in which transformative research, collaboration and engagement will create a better world.
Professor Paola Lettieri, Director, UCL East
News from UCL East
Discover more at UCL East
UCL East is a founding partner of East Bank, the new cultural and education district on the Olympic Park.
Our public engagment
UCL East will be embedded within the local community. Get involved with our existing engagement projects today.
Partnering with UCL East
Amplify the potential of UCL East by taking up our opportunities for philanthropists, industry and the public to get involved.