Building on UCL’s progressive history, positive impact and disruptive spirit, UCL East is the university campus of the future. We are bringing together UCL academics, students, local communities and industry to solve the biggest challenges affecting people’s lives and the planet – today and into the future.
YouTube Widget Placeholderhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLXXq6t7B9L_5WAQY4vUmGBYU-dkILvjYC&v=...
“At UCL East, we are creating an experiential and accessible learning environment in which transformative research, collaboration and engagement will create a better world.” Professor Paola Lettieri, Director, UCL East
- EAST - The new campus is integrating Experiments, Arts, Society and Technology throughout its academic development.
- Eight faculties – Phase 1 will bring together eight UCL faculties, with up to 4,000 students and around 260 academic staff.
- Open to all – The ground and first floor of our buildings are designed to welcome in visitors and the public, as well as UCL staff and students.
- Excellent transport connections – UCL East will be served by bus, underground, overground, DLR, high-speed rail and future Crossrail services.
- Work underway – Academic programmes are being developed and construction started in 2019.
- 50,000 sqm – Our two Phase 1 buildings provide 50,000 sqm of space – equivalent to around 7 Wembley football pitches – across academic and research space, student accommodation, and retail, community and engagement uses.
- £100million – Government has confirmed that UCL will receive £100million towards UCL East from the £151million government investment for East Bank.
Ground-breaking research, technology and innovation - underpinned by around 60 new degree programmes across eight UCL faculties.
With construction started in 2019, two buildings housing state-of-the-arts facilities will form the foundations of the new campus.
We like to work collaboratively and have started a number of projects with east London organisations, schools, networks and individuals.
We offer philanthropists, the public and industry partners many opportunities to get involved with our new campus and be part of UCL’s biggest expansion for 200 years.