Take part in a new professional development programme designed for education leaders, delivered by UCL Arena Centre for Research-based Education.
UCL 2034 promotes academic leadership of UCL’s tripartite mission of research, education, and innovation and enterprise (Principal Theme 1) and aims to be a global leader in the integration of research and education (Principal Theme 2).
Commitment to professional development
To meet these objectives, UCL is investing in senior education leaders by providing this customised professional development opportunity. Valuing our Staff is one of the key enablers of UCL 2034.
Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs) said:
““We want to provide a great education and to support our students on to the next step in their careers. Through the UCL Leading Change in Education programme, we are investing in our education leaders to accelerate the pace of improvement and ensure the best possible outcomes for our students.”
UCL Leading Change in Education
The inaugural programme, starting in February 2019 will consist of:
- three two-day thematic meetings and a half-day final session;
- an individual education development project which will impact on a large number of students, and;
- a three-day study tour.
Outcomes of the programme
After completing the programme participants will be able to:
- conduct analyses of complex educational issues at departmental and/or faculty level;
- design and implement practical solutions in response to current educational challenges that will benefit a wide range of students;
- draw on enhanced capabilities to organise and support the development of educators and innovation in teaching and learning;
- Develop personal leadership attributes for a successful career in higher education leadership, and;
- Contribute to and draw from an extensive network of education leaders, while shaping the future of education at UCL.
Get nominated by your Faculty
- Participants for this programme will be nominated by the Dean of their faculty in early January 2019. Each Dean will be able to nominate 1-2 senior education leaders.
- A senior leadership board will make the final programme selection in late January 2019
For more information, please contact:
Dr Brent Carnell, Programme Director and Principal Teaching Fellow
UCL Arena Centre for Research-based Education