Support to develop digital assessments
19 October 2022
UCL's Digital Assessment Advisory team shares how they are supporting departments through training and guidance to get the most out of digital assessments.
Only have 2 minutes? Jump to new training and guidance.
How we can help
Whether you are getting started or looking to develop your existing practice, Digital Assessment Advisors (DAAs) can advise on both the pedagogical and technological aspects of digital assessment.
We offer encouragement and practical support to enable you to decide on the best approach for you, whilst navigating some of the challenges.
The DAA team will be working in a range of assessment areas across the institution this coming year, working with Faculty staff, Programme teams and Arena colleagues, to design and deliver timely and relevant assessment-related initiatives and workshops.
Priority areas for this year include:
- Assessment design
- Academic integrity
- Effective feedback
- Marking within the digital space.
Contact email@example.com to access support.
Your Digital Assessment Advisor (DAA) is:
- Head of Digital Assessment – Marieke Guy
- Social and Historical Sciences – Eliot Hoving
- Arts and Humanities – Eliot Hoving
- Laws – Lene Marie Kjems
- IOE – Lene Marie Kjems
- Mathematics and Physical Sciences – Richard Osborne
- Life Sciences – Janice Kiugu / Adam Phillips
- Bartlett – Eliot Hoving
- Population Health Sciences – Sean Gainford
- Medical Sciences – Isobel Bowditch
- Engineering – Isobel Bowditch
- Brain Sciences – Isobel Bowditch
AssessmentUCL preparation 2022-23
The focus of the digital assessment team is currently on improving the situation for those already using the platform and enhancing the platform for the future.
If you are planning to deliver your departmental assessments on AssessmentUCL in 2022-23, please view our recommendations and next steps for departments to help you get started with your assessments as well as understand any practices around assessments you would like to advance.
This information will help you establish if this is the right platform for you and whether you have sufficient administrative capacity within your department to support and effectively manage the delivery of assessments on the platform.
View the AssessmentUCL training and support page for full details of the range of training available.
New online workshops are scheduled throughout this term, including:
- Authoring assessment on AssessmentUCL
- Managing assessment on AssessmentUCL
- Marking and feedback on AssessmentUCL