Supporting students during times of change and uncertainty 15 February
15 February 2022, 11:30 am–1:00 pm
Join this supportive and interactive workshop, which will equip you with skills to provide effective support and to enable excellence.
This event is free.
UCL Arena Centre
Arena Room, 10th Floor1-19Torrington PlaceLondonWC1E 7HBUnited Kingdom
Tuesday 15 February 11:30 - 13:00
Booking events remotely
You will need to use either Desktop@UCL or a secure VPN (Virtual Private Network) to book an event on MyLearning.
Please visit ISD guidance pages for information on this. Please note it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer as your web browser whilst using MyLearning.
Please email Valentina Barbaria if you have any issues signing up.
Student Support and Wellbeing, together with UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all staff at UCL who interact with students.
The session will cover topics such as:
- having supportive conversations using a coaching approach
- maintaining focus and productivity during times of uncertainty
- appropriate signposting, referrals and escalations
- inclusive learning and support practices
- looking after oneself when supporting others
After attending this session you will
- understand how to have supportive conversations
- know how to maintain focus and productivity
- be able to appropriately signpost
- understand how to look after yourself
Please note: The session will be 90 minutes long and will be limited to a maximum of 15 attendees to allow time for participation.
These sessions will be repeated a number of times on a weekly basis over the summer period. Further dates can be found here.
Who should attend
You should attend if you are a member of UCL staff, personal tutor or a colleague who has any contact with students.