Developing as a Doctoral Supervisor, 14 December (online)
14 December 2022, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
The session aims to welcome new staff to the role of supervisor at UCL. Experienced supervisors are invited to join to refresh their knowledge of the supervisor’s roles and responsibilities. You will discuss in further detail supervisory responsibilities, developing an effective supervisory relationship and factors for successful supervision in this workshop led by the UCL Arena Centre.
This event is free.
- UCL staff
- Sold out
UCL Arena Centre+44 20 7907 4625
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.******United Kingdom
Wednesday 14 December 2022, 14:00 - 16:00 (online)
UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all supervisors and early career staff at UCL.
You must successfully complete the mandatory online course in UCL eXtend before attending this session: Introduction to research supervision at UCL (ensure you select the option 'UCL log in').
Early career staff and supervisors are invited to join this further training session. You will discuss in more detail your responsibilities as supervisor and explore how to develop an effective supervisory relationship.
This workshop will:
- present UCL's regulations and Code of Practice
- highlight support from UCL Doctoral School and UCL Student Support and Wellbeing
- explain how to develop an effective supervisory relationship and;
- equip you to manage difficult situations
After attending this session you will
- Understand and apply the UCL regulations around supervision
- Establish an effective relationship with your supervisees
- Signpost further sources of support for both you and your supervisee
Who should attend
UCL supervisors and early career staff will find this session useful.
You should attend this session if you have completed the online manditory course for supervisors: Introduction to research supervision at UCL.
How to join the online course: Introduction to research supervision
- Go to UCL eXtend - do not enter your email and password on this page - ensure you select the option 'UCL log in'. Then log in using your UCL single-sign on.
- Once logged into UCL eXtend, click on (or copy and paste into your browser) the link to the course.
If you have any trouble accessing the course or accessing the sign-up form for the workshop, email Ronan Haughton at firstname.lastname@example.org