Accounts Payable at UCL manages supplier invoices, expenses, and foreign payments. We handle new supplier setups, purchase ledger control, and approve orders over £50k. Additionally, we also evaluate self-employment status applications.
The Accounts Payable team can help with the following:
- Invoice management
- Bank detail set up
- Batch Processing
- Payment processing
- Expenses processing
- Supplier set up
- Purchasing Cards
The Credit Control team minimises debt exposure by managing various debts, handling customer accounts, conducting credit checks, and addressing queries. We also code income, process adjustments, reconcile foreign bank accounts, and issue invoices. Additionally, we provide assistance with accounts receivable and generate monthly reports on debtors' positions.
The Credit Control team can help with the following:
- Incoming Payment Administration
- Sales Ledger Administration
- Customer Account Management
- Cheque Administration
- Customer Onboarding and Data Administration
The NHS Billing team ensures timely payments for UCL-employed clinical academics from NHS Trusts and other government health providers. We work with academic departments, HR services, and healthcare partners. We make the process smoother by compiling, managing, and reviewing information for approval and payment. Additionally, we also work with the Credit Control team for debt recovery.
The NHS Billings team can help with the following:
- Departmental Transaction Requests
- Funding Administration
- NHS Recharges
- Consultant Clinical Pay
The Student Fees team handles tuition fees. We process payments and record fee-related income. Additionally, we also follow up with debtors, enforce policy sanctions, and manage fee refunds.
For detailed information on fees and funding, visit the Fees and funding webpage.
View the following Student Fees process guidelines for more detail:
- Student Fee Account Management
- Fee charging
- Creating an invoice (Digital) in accordance with the students' fees' record
- SLC Administration
- Sponsor Administration
- Fee Income Allocation
Treasury oversees UCL's cash management. This includes bank accounts, accounting, reconciliations, income control, and surplus cash investment. It also includes fraud prevention, cash flow, regulatory bank compliance, adherence to sanctions, and KYC requirements.
The Treasury team can help with the following:
- Daily analysis of cash position
- Devising/disseminating procedures for receipting cash and making payments
- Identification of miscellaneous income, ensuring accurate recording in MyFinance of all cash receipts and payments
- Monthly reconciliation of 25+ bank and control accounts
- Ensuring compliance with PCIDSS requirements