We only accept payment via our secure Online Store. When you apply during the enrolment period, you will be sent a direct link to pay.
Please note: the cost of textbooks are not included in any course fees.
Payment for each term is due at the time of enrolment. You will not be permitted to attend classes if payment has not been made during the enrolment period and no place can be reserved for you on a course until you have paid. The enrolment period for Autumn term 2019/20 is 31st July 19 - 30th September 19 (if you are a UCL student awaiting a Doc Skills Funding decision which falls after 30th September, please inform us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you pay for a course which has already been oversubscribed, we will offer you a place on our waiting list or a full refund. If no place comes available or you decide at any point you wish to withdraw from the waiting list before a place has been offered then we will give you a full refund. Please note that any refunds given once you've secured a place on the course will be subject to deductions in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy (see below).
A cancellation fee applies for withdrawals less than two weeks prior to the commencement of term. No refund will be issued for cancellations made after this point. Please see our T&Cs and Cancellation Policy for more details.
1. External Students
All external students are welcome to book on a termly basis (i.e. paying for 10 lessons at a time), or they can take advantage of our discounts by booking 2 terms (20 lessons) or 3 terms (30 lessons) in advance. We are not able to offer payment in instalments.
2. UCL/ University of London (UoL) Associates
UCL and UoL students, alumni and staff (including UCLH), as well as UCL staff relatives, are eligible for a discount on fees when booking 2 terms (20 lessons) or 3 terms (30 lessons) in advance. To qualify, you will need to bring in to the office or email proof of entitlement at the time of enrolment, for example a photocopy, scan or clear photo of a valid student or staff card, an alumni card, or a degree certificate. We are not able to offer payment in instalments.
|Concessionary Fees||One Term|
|UCL Staff and Academic Visitors||£295||£385||£555|
|UCL Staff Relatives*||£295||£405||£590|
|UoL Staff and Alumni||£295||£445||£665|
*Please note the Staff Relatives concession applies for the immediate family (partners, parents, children and siblings) of a current UCL staff member, who would be required to contact the Evening Courses Office to confirm the relationship.
**applies for the Summer Term only, where Terms 1 and 2 have been paid for at the two-term discount. UCL Students enrolling for only one term will pay the standard fee of £295.
3. Employer/ Organisation Sponsorship
If your course fees are being paid by your employer, or by another institute or organisation, you need to provide us with details of the relevant administrator together with your enrolment (and if appropriate) assessment form. We will then contact them with details of how to make the payment. Bank transfers are not possible.
4. UCL Graduate Research Students
UCL Graduate Research Students may apply to the UCL Doctoral Skills Development Programme for funding to cover the course fees. Please note that the Programme will only consider funding students who, after they have registered for their degree, unexpectedly find acquiring an additional foreign language is essential to carrying out their research. (Most students requiring languages will possess these language skills on entry to their degree programme). The form below should be submitted to the Doctoral Skills Development Programme for consideration.
If you wish to apply for support for more than one language course please complete a separate form for each course. Funds are limited and it is very rare that we would grant funding for one student to receive tuition in more than two languages.
Attendance of funded postgraduate researchers will be monitored, and funded researchers should obtain a certificate of attendance at the end each course they complete and submit a copy to the address below.
• Complete the enrolment form for your chosen course with SSEES. Please inform the evening courses office you are applying for funding at email@example.com in case funding decision dates fall outside our enrolment periods so in this case we can make arrangements for you
• Complete the DSDP funding form before the relevant deadline: (please note these dates are DSDP funding deadlines only; all courses are open for enrolment up until the first class)
For courses beginning in Term 1 TBC
For courses beginning in Term 2 TBC;
For Courses beginning in Term 3 TBC
1. Obtain your supervisor's consent to attend the language course and request from your supervisor a short statement in support of this application. This can be an email sent directly from your supervisor to the UCL Doc Skills Team: firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can email a signed statement from your supervisor as an attachment.
2. Enrol provisionally on your chosen course with SSEES. Please inform the evening courses office by email to inform us you are awaiting a funding decision.
3. Complete this online form to apply for help with the cost of language courses (1 application per course). https://tinyurl.com/DocSkillsLanguageFunding (available from 03/09/2018)
• If your application for funding has been approved, SSEES will contact you to confirm your enrolment.
• If your application for funding is unsuccessful on this occasion the Doctoral Skills Development team will contact you directly.
UCL Doctoral Skills Development Programme
2nd Floor HR Reception
Bidborough House, 38 - 50 Bidborough Street
London, WC1H 9BT