UCL's Masters Alumni Bursary aims to enable and encourage those from low-income backgrounds, who have gained a UCL undergraduate degree, to pursue full-time Master's degree studies at UCL.
Value: £10,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Home (UK domicile only)
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Additional eligibility criteria: UCL alumni, bursary holders while undergraduates
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 17 June 2021
Candidates must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- have commenced undergraduate study at UCL no earlier than 2012/13 academic session;
- have successfully graduated from their UCL undergraduate degree between 2015-2020;
- OR be currently in the final year of undergraduate studies at UCL;
- be, or have been, in receipt of a UCL Undergraduate Bursary during the final year of undergraduate studies at UCL;
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2021/22.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 100 (one hundred) bursaries available in 2021/22.
- The value of the bursary is £10,000.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only.
- The Masters Alumni Bursary may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Bursary recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Masters Alumni Bursary being awarded.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
For help completing the form please read our Master's Scholarship Application Guidance.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship is at 5pm BST, Thursday 17 June 2021.
Successful candidates for 2021/22 will be notified in mid-late July 2021.