The London Geochemistry and Isotope Centre (LOGIC) hosts a number of linked facilities for analytical and experimental characterization of natural and artificial materials.
Most of these facilities are situated within the joint UCL/Birkbeck Institute of Earth and Planetary Sciences (IEPS), which is situated in the Bloomsbury area of London. LOGIC specializes in state-of-the-art isotopic measurements as a means to date objects and to determine processes, and to trace sources of material on differing scales both today and through geological time.
Our Laboratories and Facilities
- Biogeochemistry laboratory
- Bloomsbury Environmental Isotope Facility (BEIF)
- Cross-Faculty Elemental Analysis Facility
- Geochemistry laboratory
- London Geochronology Centre (LGC)
- Thermal Ionisation Mass Spectrometry laboratory (TIMS lab) at Royal Holloway
- Birkbeck College clean labs
- Metal Isotope Facility (MC-ICP-MS)