Follow the steps below to make your publication open access. Contact the Open Access Team at email@example.com.
The Open Access Team is currently running a normal service. Please continue to contact us about REF compliance, RPS and Gold open access, and with any other enquiries.
Follow these steps before contacting us:
- If you're publishing a journal paper, see whether UCL has a transformative agreement with your publisher. These agreements cover most papers with Wiley, Springer, Sage, IOP, RSC and a number of smaller society publishers.
- If UCL has a transformative agreement, check the relevant publisher terms and instructions to find out whether your paper is eligible and how to take advantage of the agreement.
- If your publication is not covered by a transformative agreement, see our "Can UCL pay my Gold open access costs?" FAQ to find out whether funding is available.
- If you think your publication is eligible for funding, complete this form to give us the information we need to check your eligibility. We will reply to confirm your options and, if appropriate, details of payment procedures. You can also contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to answer enquiries within 24 hours, except during weekends and UCL closed periods.
- If your publication is not eligible for funding, upload it to RPS (and Europe PubMed Central, if your funder requires it).