A collection of some of UCL's historic records.
Search the collection
Note: You can search across all the documents in the Records Office collection using the search box above. You should use Firefox or Internet Explorer to search within a PDF.
The institutional archive dates from UCL’s foundation in 1826, and covers most of our departments and activities. We hold records of our foundation, including the original Charter of 1836, minutes and correspondence, and records of students and staff. The Institute of Archaeology and Slade School collections are also part of the College archive. Our catalogue is currently under construction. For further information, and enquiries, email email@example.com.
- The Calendars cover the period from 1853 to 1992, and are a valuable resource for educational and family research. They include prospectuses, examination papers, building plans, and lists of students and staff.
- The Choshu and Satsuma papers are a small collection of images from our records covering the students who came to UCL from Japan in the mid-19th century and were the founders of modern Japan.
- Photographs include images of our buildings, notable staff and events.
- Council is UCL’s governing body. Minutes are available here from 1825 to 1920.
- The first volume of our registers of students, covering 1828-1829, is currently available. More will be added in future.
- The Roll of Honour contains the names and photographs of those members of UCL who died in the First World War.
Browse the collections