You receive £12 free credit in your account at the start of your first year and this is reset to £12 at the start of each academic year.
A4 paper size
- 5p per A4 sheet mono single-sided
- 5p per A4 sheet mono double-sided
- 25p per A4 sheet colour single-sided
- 45p per A4 sheet colour double-sided
A3 paper size
- 15p per A3 sheet mono single-sided
- 20p per A3 sheet mono double-sided
- 50p per A3 sheet colour single-sided
- 90p per A3 sheet colour double sides
Terms and conditions
- The free quota is the same for each student regardless of status, department or course. Maximum limits will be set to ensure that students cannot accumulate more than 1 years’ (three terms’) worth of free quota.
- For faulty/damaged prints/copies, the ISD IT Services will check the faulty/damaged output and then re-credit the amount of the damaged pages to your print account.
- No refunds will be given on User Purchased Quota purses therefore do not buy too much credit
Important: Any attempt to bypass the print charging system is a disciplinary offence which will be referred to the Dean of Students.
How to guides
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What should I do if my printing job is damaged?
If you suspect that there is a problem with an MFD or your output has been damaged, then please report it the ISD IT Services. You may be asked to take your damaged output to the ISD IT Services in the DMS Watson building to verify the damage.
Note: For faulty/damaged prints/copies, values can only be re-credited to your account to the value of the damaged pages.
- How can I get the most from my printing credit?
- Make sure you use print preview before sending your print job to the queue, the last page may have just have 1 or 2 lines of text on it but if you print it you will be charged for the full page. You can then try and adjust the margins of your document or the size of the font to try and fit all of the text onto as fewer sheets as possible.
- If you do not want the whole document printed out use the options in the File > Print dialogue box to specify the pages that you want to print.
- You can specify the pages you want printed by typing in the page numbers or choosing to only print a selection of text that you have highlighted.
- Alternatively, you can try scaling the number of pages of your document you fit onto one sheet. For example you could fit 2 pages of A4 onto one page.
- Will my unused credit be carried over?
The unused free credit is reset to £12 at the beginning of each academic year.
Any unused credit that has been added by the user will carry over to the next academic year.
- I am getting a "No Credit left on account" message
DO NOT tap your card on the reader more than once. If you do, you will log yourself out again or you will receive the message “No credits left on account”. You will need to wait for a couple of minutes if this happens before you can log in again.