Covid-19 Teaching Continuity training sessions:
Digital Education's regular face to face training programme has been replaced with a series of online webinars and drops ins:
- Moodle general help (drop-in): Bring your questions and receive support;
- How to record lectures and instructional material using Lecturecast Universal Capture Personal;
- How to run seminars and group study using Blackboard Collaborate.
To view and join sessions, see Digital Education's staff development blog post.
Digital Education's regular online training courses are still available and you can find them below.
Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) training courses
- Getting Started with Moodle (online training) - introduction to the basics of Moodle.
- Administering your Moodle course (online training) - Intermediate Moodle training.
- UCL Arena Digital - using multimedia, communication, and assessment and feedback in your Moodle course.
Lecturecast training courses
- An introduction to Lecturecast (not available)
- Dynamic teaching using the Active Learning Platform tools (not available)
Assessment training courses
- Hands on with Moodle Assignment (online training)
- Hands on with Moodle Assignment (workshop) (not available)
- Hands on with Turnitin Assignment (online training)
- Hands on with Turnitin Assignment (workshop) (not available)
These courses are provided by the Digital Education Team. Follow individual links for more detailed course information.
We also offer 1-2-1 and group training sessions for our other services (e.g. EVS or MyPortfolio) and can run tailor-made courses to meet the needs of your department.
Please note: the Digital Education team may cancel sessions if there are insufficient numbers of attendees. Additionally, if you need to cancel your place at short notice, please contact the Digital Education team; this will allow us to allocate your place to another person on the waiting list.
If you wish to cancel your space on any of our training courses, please email digi-ed[@]ucl.ac.uk.
The training location will be confirmed via email three days before the session takes place.