IDHS uses Dual Factor Authentication for the Applications & Data Portal to access and handle data transferred into the IDHS service.
What are Security Tokens?
When UCL Researchers logon to the Applications & Data Portal, they have to provide two forms of authentication:
- IDHS username and Password and
- Security token that auto generates every 60 seconds
There are two types of Tokens:
- Soft Tokens – Where tokens can be downloaded and used from mobile devices.
- Hard Tokens – These are physical devices.
Security Token setup:
When you logon to the IDHS for the first time, part of the process is "token setup" where a user will be guided through the process till initial logon.
Security Token Management:
Management of tokens is done via the Security and Tokens Portal. Includes:
- Setting up for "Questions & Answers" for In Case of Emergency (ICE) logon.
- Generating one time Emergency Tokens for use to log onto the Applications & Data portal.
Provided that Questions & Answers have been set up, use Security and Tokens Portal to log on using the ICE steps. Once logged on:
- Report Lost token
- Generate one time use Emergency Token
- Log onto the Applications & Data Portal using IDHS Credentials and Emergency Token