This service provides a technical solution for storing, handling and analysing identifiable data.
- New service – Artifactory
We are launching a new service, Artifactory, which will enable you to securely install packages from the CRAN, PyPi and Conda public repositories in Anaconda and R. These packages must meet a strict policy in order to be allowed in the repositories therefore are deemed to be safe for use in the DSH. This service is available for all DSH users. Please see Data Safe Haven User Guide & FAQs for more details on how to use and configure Artifactory.
For any packages that are not available in these repositories, for example packages which have been removed but still available in the CRAN archive or any other repository, please continue to request in the normal way using the Software Request self-service form.
- R version 4.0.3 available on the DSH Desktop from 9 December 2020
On Wednesday 9 December, R version 4.0.3 will be made available on the DSH Desktop along with the latest version of RStudio (1.3.1093) and RTools (40). All previous versions of R will still be available along with the packages in their current state. R 4.0.3 will not point to any centrally managed library such as the common R library seen on R 3.6.2. Instead you will be able to use Artifactory to install packages from CRAN to your home N: or shared S: drives. Artifactory can also be used with all previous versions of R.
Please note: If you open an R file directly it will automatically default to R 4.0.3. If you need to continue using an older version of R then open R using the corresponding shortcut in the start menu and open the project file from within the application.
DSH Service Portals
Portal for secure transfer of data into the Data Safe Haven.
Portal for secure handling of data using applications available in the Data Safe Haven and Securely transferring data out of the system.
Self Service Portal for Password Management and Token Management. Including In Case of Emergency (ICE Login) Management.
The Data Safe Haven has been certified to the ISO27001 information security standard and conforms to NHS Digital's Information Governance Toolkit. Built using a walled garden approach, where the data is stored, processed and managed within the security of the system, avoiding the complexity of assured end point encryption. A file transfer mechanism enables information to be transferred into the walled garden simply and securely.
Getting started with the Data Safe Haven
Before requesting access to the Data Safe Haven you must complete the Information Governance assurance process.
If you have already completed the Information Governance assurance process you may request access using the self-service forms. Use the search box and the search term 'Data Safe Haven'. Requests can only be made by the Information Asset Owner or their nominated Information Asset Administrator.
- I don't have my hard token, how do I log in?
You can use the In Case of Emergency (ICE) logon procedure to log in even if you do not have your token.
1. Go to the Security & Tokens Portal
2. Click Use ICE logon procedure
3. Enter your DSH User ID and click Continue
4. Select Static Password from the Authenticator drop-down menu
5. Enter your DSH password and click Continue
6. Answer the security questions and click Continue
(Answers are case-sensitive)
At this stage, you could create a new soft token. Please see "How to create a soft token" FAQ for instructions.
7. Click Emergency
8. Click Request
9. Click Submit (you can not change this value)
Note: Your emergency code is displayed under the Code column. It will expire when used, or after 24 hours.
10. Go to the Application & Data Portal
11. Enter your DSH User ID and DSH Password
12. Enter the 8 digit emergency code
- How do I create a soft token?
Install the "DeepNet MobileID" app on your smart phone, it is free and can be found on most app stores.
1. On your smart phone, launch App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android)
2. Search for ”MobileID” or ”Deepnet MobileID” and install it
1. Log in to the Security & Tokens Portal
2. Click the My Tokens tab and then click Create
3. On the Product drop-down list select MobileID/Timed-Based and click Submit
4. Assign a unique PIN to the new token by clicking the green down arrow on the row of the newly created token and select Reset PIN
5. Enter a new 4 digit PIN in the top text box, type it again in the Confirm text box and click Submit
4. Receive the token by clicking the green down arrow again, select PUSH and then click Email
You will be sent an email shortly with the subject line "DSH - Your Token (MobileID)", follow the instructions in the email to add the token to the MobileID app