This service provides a technical solution for storing, handling and analysing identifiable data.
- New Service - Self-Service Share Management Portal
We have launched a new service which will provide project IAOs and IAAs the ability to almost instantly create new shares for your projects and add/remove users from your existing shares. The system is accessible from the DSH Desktop therefore you will need an active DSH account. If you are an IAO or IAA then you will see DSH Share Management in the start menu and 2 programs called Share Manager and Share Request. Share Manager allows you to manage who has access to the shares you manage. Share Request allows you to create a share against a Project that you manage. Further information is available in the Service Requests page - Service Requests.
If possible please could you start using this tool now for new share and add/remove user to share requests. New user accounts still need to use the online request form however we have now included a field in this form where you can enter the name of the share to add them to so you no longer need to submit an add/remove to share form as well. If you require access to this tool but your DSH account is disabled then please contact email@example.com. If there are any other problems with accessing or using this tool then please let us know.
DSH Service Portals
Portal for secure transfer of data into the Data Safe Haven.
Portal for secure handling of data using applications available in the Data Safe Haven and Securely transferring data out of the system.
Self Service Portal for Password Management and Token Management. Including In Case of Emergency (ICE Login) Management.
The Data Safe Haven has been certified to the ISO27001 information security standard and conforms to NHS Digital's Information Governance Toolkit. Built using a walled garden approach, where the data is stored, processed and managed within the security of the system, avoiding the complexity of assured end point encryption. A file transfer mechanism enables information to be transferred into the walled garden simply and securely.
Getting started with the Data Safe Haven
Before requesting access to the Data Safe Haven you must complete the Information Governance assurance process.
If you have already completed the Information Governance assurance process you may request access using the self-service forms. Use the search box and the search term 'Data Safe Haven'. Requests can only be made by the Information Asset Owner or their nominated Information Asset Administrator.
- I don't have my hard token, how do I log in?
You can use the In Case of Emergency (ICE) logon procedure to log in even if you do not have your token.
1. Go to the Security & Tokens Portal
2. Click Use ICE logon procedure
3. Enter your DSH User ID and click Continue
4. Select Static Password from the Authenticator drop-down menu
5. Enter your DSH password and click Continue
6. Answer the security questions and click Continue
(Answers are case-sensitive)
At this stage, you could create a new soft token. Please see the "How to create a soft token" FAQ for instructions.
7. Click Emergency
8. Click Request
9. Click Submit (you can not change this value)
Note: Your emergency code is displayed under the Code column. It will expire when used, or after 24 hours.
10. Go to the Application & Data Portal
11. Enter your DSH User ID and DSH Password
12. Enter the 8 digit emergency code
- How do I create a soft token?
Install the "DeepNet MobileID" app on your smartphone, it is free and can be found on most app stores.
1. On your smartphone, launch App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android)
2. Search for ”MobileID” or ”Deepnet MobileID” and install it
1. Log in to the Security & Tokens Portal
2. Click the My Tokens tab and then click Create
3. On the Product drop-down list select MobileID/Timed-Based and click Submit
4. Assign a unique PIN to the new token by clicking the green down arrow on the row of the newly created token and select Reset PIN
5. Enter a new 4 digit PIN in the top text box, type it again in the Confirm text box and click Submit
4. Receive the token by clicking the green down arrow again, select PUSH and then click Email
You will be sent an email shortly with the subject line "DSH - Your Token (MobileID)", follow the instructions in the email to add the token to the MobileID app