How to install Mathematica for Windows
This guide explains how to install Mathematica for Windows
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- Download the correct Mathematica version from UCL Software Database.
- Read and understand the UCL Information Security policy in particular the UCL Computing Regulations (Acceptable Use Policy)
- Follow the How to Activate Mathematica guide to receive your activation key
1. Download the appropriate Mathematica version. (the File Installation Key will be emailed to you after accepting the terms & conditions and starting the download process of the licence file)
2. Open the downloaded Mathematica .zip file
3. Extract setup.exe and the .bin files to your Windows desktop
4. Click on the setup.exe to start the installation process.
Fig 1 - Click next to continue
Fig 2 - Select installation destination
Fig 3 - Select optional Mathematica components
Fig 4 - Select start menu folder
Fig 5 - Click install to install software
5. Delete setup.exe and .bin files from desktop
Related guides & other info
- How to Activate Mathematica
- How to install Mathematica Mac
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.