Find a Contact in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
This guide demonstrates how to search for a contact within both your personal contacts, or by using the Global Address List.
Within Outlook Web Access (OWA) you can search for the contact details of individuals saved within your own personal contacts list (saved within OWA only), or by using live @ UCL's Global Address List (GAL). The Global Address List (GAL) contains the names and email addresses of everyone on the live @ UCL email and calendar service.
Before you start...
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
1. Within Mail, select the People icon within the bottom-left corner.
2. Locate and select the search box on the top menu (labelled 'search contacts, directory and groups') and type in the name or email address of the individual you are looking for. Select the magnifying glass icon or press return on your keyboard to search. By default the search will query all known contacts (your personal contacts and the Global Address List).
Finding a contact when composing an email or meeting request
1. Within the new email or meeting request window, type the individual's full name (without commas) or email address within the To: or Cc: fields. A search will be automatically performed from the Global Address Book for matching results. Select the correct result to add as a recipient.
Related guides and other info:
- Create a new contact
- Delete a contact
- Create a Contact Group (local distribution list)
- About distribution lists
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.