Located at Queen Square in central London, the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN) offers a multidisciplinary team with a wide range of specialist advice on all aspects of multiple sclerosis (MS). Together with the UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology (IoN) we are internationally recognised for being at the leading edge of research on MS.
The Multiple Sclerosis Service at the NHNN has worked closely with many thousands of people who live with MS. The neurology clinics and services include a one-stop diagnostic clinic, rapid access relapse management service, disease modifying therapies, symptom management, complex symptom management, and rehabilitation. A team of specialist nurses provide support and run both conventional out-patient clinics and telephone clinics for MS patients.
The NHNN-UCLH Multiple sclerosis (MS) Website gives information on:
- What is multiple sclerosis?
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis
- MS treatments and therapies
Information on Our MS Services includes:
- Demyelinating diagnostic clinic (DDC)
- Nurse-led clinics
- Relapse clinic
- Post-relapse telephone clinic
- Multi-disciplinary clinics
- Spasticity clinic
- Occupational Therapy
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Neuro-psychology services
- Neuro-psychiatry service
- Neuro-gastroenterology service
- Neuro-urology team
- Complementary therapies
- Planned telephone review
Research on MS:
The MS Services Team:
Referral to the NHNN MS Services:
- Information for patients and healthcare professionals on referral to the NHNN for your MS treatment
Further information on MS:
The MS Society and a number of other UK organisations give helpful information on MS.