Covid restrictions - users must continue to maintain 1m social distancing and wear a face covering when moving around. The Library remains open to UCL Library members only.
These FAQs focus on our local services at Queen Square Library. For updates and more information about services and support across UCL Library Services, please check the UCL Library Services web site.
- What services are we offering onsite?
- Click and Collect book service.
- Study spaces.
- Book issuing by library staff.
- Self service and browsing (subject to social distancing restrictions)
- General enquiries.
- Membership services - Please see the UCL Library Services webpages for information on NHS membership.
- What services are suspended until further notice?
- Group study and meetings.
- Cash payments.
- External visitors (i.e. only UCL Library members will be allowed access).
- Availability of leaflets/paper-based information and freebies.
- Items for sale.
- How will users access the Library?
- Users will be required to show their UCL Library ID upon entering the library (or when they are met at the side door if required), and be wearing a face covering before they enter the building.
- Users will be required to scan their ID card upon entering the library.
- How will users return books?
Users can return books borrowed from Queen Square Library during our advertised hours. We also have an out of hours book return bin which can be used if the Library is closed and the building is open.
- Do users have to use the Click and Collect service?
Users can browse the shelves but must observe social distancing restrictions while doing so. The Click and Collect service is also available for our collections.
- Do users need to book study spaces?
Space bookings were no longer required from 4th October 2021