These seminars examine new thinking and discussion on development education, global learning and global citizenship.
As part of its mission to provide learning and networking opportunities for professionals and students of development education, global learning and global citizenship, the Development Education Research Centre runs this ongoing seminar series.
Events are held online or around the Bloomsbury campus (please check individual events), and are free and open to staff, students, alumni and the public. All are welcome to attend. For upcoming seminars, see the DERC events calendar.
Please see the below list for further details of previous seminars – some of the event pages also have video documentation of the events that you can watch.
02 November 2021
8 December 2021
- Global learning through digital immersive storytelling: impact, innovation and motivation - Harriet Marshall (Lyfta)
Further seminars will be announced here.
22 October 2020
- Challenging the theory-practice divide in relation to Development Education Centres - Andrea Bullivant
17 November 2020
- Education for social change - Professor Douglas Bourn
09 February 2021
- Rights-based approaches in schools: Unicef UK's Rights Respecting School Award - Frances Bestley, Dr Sarah Hamilton and Hugh Starkey
30 March 2021
- Fairtrade, global learning and business as (un)usual - Claire Arnott, Adam Unwin and Joanna Milis
4 May 2021
- Social, transformative and sustainable learning in Jamaica - Romina De Angelis
22 June 2021
- Social justice and sustainable development education at primary level - Full speaker list on event page
29 October 2019
- Development education for the privileged: Power and pedagogy in a gap year programme - Dr Pablo Dalby
16 June 2020
- The importance of environmental education in early years teaching: Research from Mexico - Adriana Burciaga González
20 March 2018
- Global skills for a global society? - Professor Douglas Bourn
19 June 2018
- The challenges and practices of teaching 'Generation Like' about digital global citizenship: a case study from Spain - Eloísa Nos-Aldás
16 October 2018
- Exploring global citizenship teacher education across Europe: a comparative analysis - Professor Massimiliano Tarozzi
20 November 2018
- Teachers and the Global Learning Programme: engagement and impact - Dr Clare Bentall and Dr Fran Hunt
30 April 2019
23 May 2019
- Integrating Buddhist/Soka perspectives into global citizenship education - Dr Namrata Sharma