Purpose and remit of EDI Group
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group is committed to helping DIS promote the value of different identities to create an organisational culture that is respectful and inclusive irrespective of ethnicity, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and religion or belief.
Specifically, the group will:
- Develop a long-term EDI strategy, identify and propose priorities, and draw up an action plan with clear objectives and targets.
- Encourage colleagues and students across the department to contribute to the development of the action plan.
- Seek regular feedback from those responsible for implementation of the plan. Review and report on progress against targets and monitor data regularly throughout the year.
- Determine the impact of initiatives aimed at improving equality and refresh the aims as appropriate.
- Oversee the formulation and submission of Athena Swan applications.
EDI Group members
Sarah Davenport: Teaching and Learning Administrator, Inclusion Lead
Alison Sizer: Research Associate (CeLCIUS), Inclusion Lead
Oliver Duke-Williams: Associate Professor, Programme Director MA/MSc in Digital Humanities
Charlie Inskip: Associate Professor, Deputy Head of Department
Dimitri Kraniotis: Departmental Manager
Annemaree Lloyd: Professor, Departmental Tutor (Research)
Daniel Onah: Lecturer (Teaching)
Samantha Rayner: Professor, Faculty Vice-Dean Wellbeing
Anna Sexton: Lecturer, Programme Director MA in Archives and Records Management
Elizabeth Shepherd: Professor, Head of Department
Andreas Vlachidis: Lecturer
Jenny Zhou Dong: PGT Student EDI Representative