An intensive experiential leadership programme designed to prepare early career researcher staff (grades 6–8) for leadership and team roles in HE.
About the programme
This programme has a time commitment of 22.5 hours, taught through core workshops, with additional pre- and post-work on a Resilient Leaders Development Plan.
Leadership in Action is a practical and experiential leadership programme for early career researchers who want hands-on leadership experience. The programme offers participants the opportunity to explore their unique leadership qualities through group activities and coaching. Participants receive support and feedback from expert coaches, who will help them develop their leadership styles.
By the end of this leadership programme, you will be able to:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Build confidence in your leadership style
- Give yourself more choices in how you lead
- Understand the impact you have on those you are leading
- Influence people towards a common goal
- Identify how these skills can benefit you in your current research role and beyond
Leadership in Action has been developed specifically for UCL early-stage research staff in grades 6 to 8 roles, with little or no previous leadership experience.
How to apply
Applications for 2022/23 are now open for UCL Staff. Please use the Application Form to apply, and please see the Nomination Process Page for more information on timelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
Researcher Development Framework (RDF) subdomain
This course supports the following RDF subdomains:
- D1 - Working with others
- B3 - Professional and career development