The Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network is a network of leading Higher Education institutions, created by UCL in order to share best practice in skills training for postgraduate research students.
The Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network (BPSN) is a network of leading Higher Education institutions, created by UCL in order to share best practice in skills training for postgraduate research students in the Bloomsbury area. The purpose of the shared skills training programme is to allow students additional opportunities for skills training, through attending training courses and workshops at other member institutions. If you are a UCL student you can book onto courses through the Doctoral Skills Development Programme. Students of other member institutions should book through Inkpath.
The current members of the BPSN are:
- University College London (founding member)
- City University
- King's College London
- London School of Economics
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- School of Advanced Study
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- Royal Veterinary College
Registering on BPSN courses
BPSN events are now managed via Inkpath, so to see the course catalogue and book your place, please set up your BPSN account (instructions below) and browse, book and verify your activities.
If you experience any problems signing up, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to set up your Inkpath if you are a BPSN student
- Download the Inkpath app (from the app store) or go to webapp.inkpath.co.uk to access Inkpath on the web
- Click the ‘sign up’ tab:
Choose your home institution,
Enter your institution email address (not a personal one)
And click “Sign up”
- Inkpath will send a password by email – use that for first login
- You will be taken to a setup page where you enter your name, programme and cohort
- Press “Save”
- Click the purple “My Affiliations" button near the bottom (note: you would have seen "My Funding Sources” if you activated your account last year)
- Click “Add an Affiliation”
Choose BPSN as the organisation, followed by your home university
Enter your programme and your cohort
- Press “Save”
- Now go back to the “Activities” section – the pencil icon in the top (web) or bottom (app) icon bar
- Click on “Find Activities” to browse and book BPSN activities
If you cannot see activities, go back to step 7 and make sure you registered with BPSN.