UCL Human Resources



Accessing MyHR

How do I access MyHR and Employee Self-Service?
  • The link to access MyHR can be found on the MyHR pageUse you UCL user ID and password to log on.
  • If accessing MyHR remotely, you will need to use either the UCL VPN, or Desktop@UCL Anywhere. You can find guides on the UCL VPN. and Desktop @ UCL Anywhere pages , or contact IT Services  for assistance. 
  • Once you log in to MyHR, click on the three white horizontal lines on the top left corner of the screen, this will open the menu where you will be able to select Employee Self-Service. 
  • If you are a casual worker, you will not have access to Employee Self-Service.
  • If you hold a substantive post and you do not have Employee Self-Service access, please contact hr-services@ucl.ac.uk.

 Annual Leave

How is annual leave entitlement calculated for part-time workers?

Part-time staff are entitled to the pro-rata equivalent of 27 days annual leave, 8 days public and statutory days and 6 UCL closure days per year. MyHR will make these adjustments automatically. 

For further information, see the HR guidance on how to calculate pro-rata entitlement

How do I calculate my remaining leave when it is displayed in hours?

Your remaining leave will vary depending on your work pattern. You can view your work pattern in MyHR Self-Service. If you are unsure how to calculate your remaining annual leave, or believe your entitlement has been calculated incorrectly, please contact HR Services inbox at hr-services@ucl.ac.uk.

What is a Work Pattern?

Your work pattern shows how your contractual hours are split across the days of the week. A standard working pattern for a full-time employee at UCL is 7.3 hours per day which is 36.5 hours a week. However, some employees have agreed arrangements for compressed hours, flexible working or part time hours. 

How do I change my work pattern?

You will need to discuss this with your Line Manager. You can then request a change to your work pattern in MyHR Self-Service for your Line Manager to approve. If you wish to change your weekly working hours this should be discussed and agreed with your line manager, prior to a request being submitted to HR to amend your record. For example, if you change your working arrangements during October, your absence balance will not calculate correctly until 1st November. 

How do I cancel annual leave that is future dated?

Login to MyHR > Employee Self Service > My Absence > Absence Management, and then click the 'Delete' button against the relevant entry on MyHR.

How do I cancel annual leave (in the past) that was not taken?

This cannot be done locally, please contact HR Services, hr-services@ucl.ac.uk to ask them to delete this for you.

Payslips and Payments

How do I access my old payslips?

Historical payslips (dating back to April 2013) will be migrated from MyView into MyHR. You will be able to access your payslip via MyHR Employee Self-Service. If you require an historical payslip (dated before 2013) then please email your request to hr-services@ucl.ac.uk.

How do I access my historical P60s?

Historic P60s will not be migrated to MyHR. If you are unable to access your P60 in MyView please contact hr-services@ucl.ac.uk.

How do I access my payslip in MyHR?

You can access your old payslips (prior to February 2020) via MyView. Your new payslip will be available in MyHR Employee Self-Service under My Pay.

The tax code on my payslip doesn't look right, what do I do?

If you think your tax code may be incorrect, please contact HMRC. You will need the UCL tax office reference number which can be found on the Tax and National Insurance page.You will also need your National Insurance number when you contact HMRC. HMRC also have some guidance on tax codes  on the gov.uk website. If you need further assistance with your query, please contact HR Services.


Where can I find support and user guides for MyHR?

Guidance is available in video and document format on the Knowledge Centre, which can be accessed via the MyHR User guides and Online training page.


I need personal contact details for a member of my team, how do I get hold of this?

Due to GDPR regulations, personal contact details for staff are not usually permitted to be supplied. Please contact your local HR contact to discuss.


Where do I access OBIEE Reports?

For information on how to access the OBIEE Reports, you may find it useful to review the OBIEE Reports Instruction Manual. This manual illustrates where you may access reports, in a screen by screen layout. 

If you have HR responsibilities, you will be able to access reports covering various employee matters. For further details and a complete list of reports, please see the guidance document below. If you need to request access or you are unable to access a report relating to your role or responsibility, please contact hr-services@ucl.ac.uk.