Heads of Departments and Managers Fire Safety Guidance
A simple fire safety review serves as a department interim review of their fire risk arrangement as a matter of good management and risk mitigation.
Department fire safety reviews should focus on the following
- Staff Fire Safety E-learning, Induction, Refresher training and Building familiarisation.
- Fire Evacuation Marshal (FEM) numbers and coverage in all spaces occupied by the Department.
- Arrangements for Staff, Students and Visitors with a Disability prior to visiting/studying or working within the Department space.
- Management and review of hazardous processes, activities and storage within the Department.
- Department management of Fire Doors.
Related fire safety information
* Heads of Departments - this term includes Deans of Faculties, Heads of Academic Departments, Institutes, Centres, Schools etc., Heads of Corporate / Professional Services and the Director of Student Accommodation.