If you require any development works, there are different processes which you must follow outlined below.
Project requests or works could include:
- moves and decants
- ceiling tiles
- power supplies
- power and data supply
- installation and removal of partition walls
- heating and cooling alterations
- asbestos queries
- Request submitted. Please raise a project notification request here. Estates will acknowledge your request within two working days.
- Assessment. Request assessed against UCL Space Standards.
- Scope outlined. Site visited by Estates to assess request (photographs and measurements taken).
- Drawing and Designs. Prepare existing and proposed layouts and Project Initiation Document (PID) raised.
- Cost Estimate. Cost of works calculated and forecast budget proposed for client budget owner approval.
- Approval. (From internal and external stakeholders)
- Procure and Deliver. Works booked in for completion (Date depending on scope of work)
Before requesting work please consider the following:
- Who needs to approve the scope of works? (decision maker)
- Date of completion required
- Who is funding the project? Download our handy decision making flow chart to check whether the project should be department or Estates funded. If departmentally funded, you should identify this funding as part of your project Request.
- Is the project request supported by your Departmental Manager / Director of Operations?