Get your fledgling business idea off the ground with expert advice, practical support and networking opportunities.
BaseKX is UCL’s hub for early-stage startups and entrepreneurs in the heart of King’s Cross. It’s a place to connect with like-minded peers and access the support a young company needs. That includes coworking space, a busy schedule of events and a team of successful entrepreneurial advisors.
Types of support we can offer you
There are different ways to kick-start your venture.
- explore a business idea, or learn how to launch your business startup, over eight free evening sessions, with the chance to pitch for a substantial cash prize at the end of each programme
- make useful business connections at our regular networking events
- work out your next steps by meeting with an experienced business advisor
- extend your stay in the UK to set up a business by applying for a Start-up visa
- launch your startup with free, tailored support by applying to the Hatchery incubator
- hire fixed desks for your startup in the BaseKX coworking space
Or find out about other ways to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Our advisors are entrepreneurs in their own right. They can advise you on the issues you’re facing, challenge you to grow and connect you to the people, resources and opportunities that will keep you moving in the right direction.
How to request a meeting
To request a meeting with a business advisor, fill in the form on our online portal. (You'll need your UCL login.)
Meet our alumni
Many entrepreneurs have gone all the way from our training through our incubator and taken their startups into the world. Here are some of the biggest business successes.
bio-bean is an award-winning clean tech company, making biofuels and chemicals from used coffee grounds on an industrial scale.
Stasher is the world's first luggage storage network, connecting travellers to hotels and stores that can keep their luggage safe while they explore the city.
Livia’s Kitchen specialises in creating sweet treats with nutritional twists, using recipes that are free-from gluten, wheat, eggs and dairy.
Double Dutch have developed mixers with flavours that pair perfectly with different spirits, winning numerous awards along the way.
Stasher provides a flexible, affordable service for tourists and travellers to store their bags securely in locations across a number of UK and European cities.
Encouraging children to brush their teeth properly is a problem many parents face, but graduates from UCL’s Technology Entrepreneurship MSc have created a solution that blends technology and gaming.
After becoming the most popular teacher in a Chinese school Sisi Lin transformed her unique teaching methodology into a one-of-a-kind business.