Get the work space, advice and connections that will help build your business by applying to UCL’s incubator programme.
The Hatchery is a dedicated space within BaseKX, UCL’s startup hub in King’s Cross. It plays host to a community of the university’s most promising entrepreneurs, providing free, tailored support to fast track startups to success.
Could you benefit from joining the Hatchery?
The Hatchery incubator programme is aimed at UCL students, researchers and recent alumni with a viable business venture. It can be in any sector, but must be unrelated to your university research.
Support can last up to 12 months and is intended to sharpen your entrepreneurial skills as much as helping your business take off.
If you’re accepted into the incubator you’ll get:
- entry to BaseKX from Monday to Sunday, 7am to 8.30pm and use of all facilities, including meeting rooms and event space
- up to four hot desks for your team
- monthly meetings with an experienced business advisor
- office hours with lawyers, accountants and our investor network
- access to workshops and training events
- peer support group sessions, monthly socials and opportunities to learn from and grow with like-minded entrepreneurs
The cost of our services is estimated at £25,000 for a three-person business, which you’ll receive without an exchange of equity.
How to get on to the programme
Every three months, The Hatchery is open to applications from the most promising ventures and entrepreneurial individuals. It’s a competitive space. Your business will be assessed by a panel to make sure you’re the right fit.
For your best chance at entry, you’ll already have:
- shown passion and commitment in making your business happen
- identified a gap in the market
- tested some features of your product or service with potential users to demonstrate demand
- established the practicalities involved in developing your venture
You’ll meet with one of our business advisors to discuss your venture in more detail. They’ll then decide if you can go forward to the next stage.
Startups currently in residence
- Algo Factory
- Alieli & Co
- Beaut Durée
- Blue Ridge Bionformatics
- Captum Technology
- Crib Chum
- Cross Build Architecture
- Curios TCG Analytics
- Fifth Row Technologies
- Flair Global
- Future Scales Consulting
- Fuzed Innovations
- Ginie IA
- Happy English
- International Education Online
- Levant Soap
- Noble Times
- Pala Tech Consultancy
- Plus One Media
- Rahko Solution
- Rice Brother
- Studio Epp
- Tamu App
- Vo Art Education
- Xalpha Research
- Yiyu Bespoke Experience
Encouraging children to brush their teeth properly is a problem many parents face, but graduates from UCL’s Technology Entrepreneurship MSc have created a solution that blends technology and gaming.
Three brothers with a unique upbringing have transformed their natural talent for bringing people together into a business that connects people through experiences.
Stasher provides a flexible, affordable service for tourists and travellers to store their bags securely in locations across a number of UK and European cities.