About UCL Innovation & Enterprise
UCL Innovation & Enterprise's work is at the heart of UCL’s ambition to change the world for the better and plays a vital part in our shared mission to tackle the great global challenges of our time.
What we believe
For us, it starts with the belief that we all have the potential to make a difference, that every one of us in the UCL community has a role to play and a contribution to make. We believe UCL’s success comes from the knowledge and ideas of its people – academics and researchers, students and alumni, professional services and partners.
What we do
UCL Innovation & Enterprise is here to help people across the university transform their knowledge and ideas into action. We encourage people to recognise their potential; giving them the confidence to think differently, to step out and be brave.
We're here to help free more knowledge from across all our UCL communities and share it in new and exciting ways, within and beyond the university. From our laboratories to our libraries, we are here to help put brilliant new ideas and discoveries to work in the real world.
How we do it
We do all this by:
- connecting different talents and skills, drawing people together and harnessing UCL’s diverse community to build teams that create momentum
- being open to a world of opportunity, reaching out beyond UCL’s borders to organisations, causes and citizens, identifying needs and forging relationships
- sharing our experience to help create change, building structures and engineering processes that drive innovation
We believe the world needs UCL’s unique point of view and attitude to life. Our community has the talent and the ambition and it’s up to us, in UCL Innovation & Enterprise, to make it as easy as possible for people to take that first step, to make the leap and turn their knowledge and ideas into action.
Watch Dr Celia Caulcott, Vice-Provost (Enterprise) talk about what we do
UCL Innovation & Enterprise includes the following teams:
- Business and Innovation Partnerships
- Commercial Strategy
- Communications and Engagement
- Innovation Planning
- Information and Project Management
We have two affiliated delivery partners that are wholly-owned subsidiary companies:
- UCL Business (UCLB), our technology commercialisation company
- UCL Consultants (UCLC), which facilitates academic consultancy
UCL Innovation & Enterprise is led by Dr Celia Caulcott, Vice-Provost (Enterprise).