“Promote a safe space to explore and discuss matters of race, discrimination and racial equality, and work together on ideas to create a more equitable and inclusive Computer Science department.”
Established in Spring 2021, the Race Equality Working Group is membered by UCL Computer Science staff and students.
We consider issues of racism, inequality and racial discrimination experienced by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff and students within the department.
We are currently working with an external partner to audit staff and student recruitment and retention processes and to identify any structural barriers that disproportionately affect Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff and students.
- Supporting Black, Asian and minority students at UCL
- BME Student Network
- Student Active Bystander Programme 2021
- Anti-Racist Toolkit For Students
Training & resources
- Anti-Racist Toolkit For Staff
- How to be a race ally
- UCL B-Mentorship Scheme: A UCL cross-institutional mentorship scheme to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic academic and professional services staff.
- Professional Services Staff
- Academic Staff
- Coaching Culture Programme
- Emerging Leaders: A leadership and development programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff at UCL grades 5, 6 & 7
- UCL Staff Online Diversity Training
- UCL Staff Online Unconscious Bias Training
UCL Computer Science Community Spotlight
The UCL Computer Science Race Equality Working Group has launched a new spotlight series highlighting the important work of our academic staff members, professional services staff and students.
Focus group members
- Ashley Bedeau
- Aeesha Bhaiyat
- Marc Deisenroth
- Dimitrios Kanoulas
- Safiyya Onanuga
- Angel Oyelade
- Sophie Martin
- Kiran Ahmed
- Vijay Pawar
- Pei Xuan Lo