A ‘Short guidance’ appointment can help you clarify ideas about your future. We can discuss options you want to explore, even if you are unsure about what path you want to take.
- What to expect
This one-to-one discussion can cover a range of different areas including:
- Making decisions about your future. For example exploring industry specific motivations or choosing between work, further study or research
- Exploring ideas or options related to your degree
- Gaining skills and work experience linked to longer term career goals
- Finding opportunities (jobs, further study, research)
- Changing or leaving your course
- Marketing your degree, skills and experiences
- What to expect during interviews or assessment centres
- Discussing strategies for dealing with application or interview rejections
- How to prepare for aptitude or other selection tests
- and much more!
During the discussion, our advisers can answer queries, help you to explore different ideas and plan next steps.
- What it won't cover
If you are writing a specific application and need advice on how to improve it, please book an ‘Applications advice’ appointment. ‘Short guidance’ appointments are not suitable for this.
‘Short guidance’ appointments can be used to ask questions about interview preparation but, for a more role-play based interview coaching session, please book a ‘Practice interview’.
- Book now
‘Short guidance’ appointments run throughout the week during our normal opening hours. They are bookable online up to seven days in advance. For example, a 2pm slot next Thursday will become available to book at 2pm this Thursday.
All available appointment slots for the next week will show up when you log into myUCLCareers.
At busy times of year, we may be fully booked for the next seven days. Please check myUCLCareers regularly for cancelled bookings or newly released slots.