A ‘Short guidance’ appointment can help you clarify ideas about your future. We can discuss options you want to explore, even if you are unsure about what path you want to take.
- What to expect
This one-to-one discussion can cover a range of different areas including:
- Making decisions about your future. For example, choosing between work, further study or research
- Exploring ideas or options related to your degree
- Gaining skills and work experience linked to longer term career goals
- Finding opportunities (jobs, further study, research)
- Changing or leaving your course
- Marketing your degree, skills and experiences
- What to expect during interviews or assessment centres
- How to prepare for aptitude or other selection tests
- What it won't cover
If you are writing a specific application and need advice, please book an ‘Applications advice’ appointment. ‘Short guidance’ appointments are not suitable for this.
‘Short guidance’ appointments can be used to prepare for interviews. This can include what to expect at interviews and preparation strategies. For a more role-play based interview coaching session, please book a ‘Practice interview’.
- Unable to visit in person
You can discuss any ‘Short Guidance’ query by phone. Simply book an appointment as outlined below. Make sure to reply to the booking confirmation email to let us know that you will be phoning in, rather than coming in person.
If there's any information relating to your query that you feel will aid the discussion, please send this to us by email. Give as much notice possible (no less than one hour before your appointment). This will allow the relevant careers consultant to receive it.
- Book now
‘Short guidance’ appointments run throughout the week during our normal opening hours. They are bookable online up to seven days in advance. For example, a 2pm slot next Thursday will become available to book at 2pm this Thursday.
All available appointment slots for the next week will show up when you log into myUCLCareers.
At busy times of year, we may be fully booked for the next seven days. Please check myUCLCareers regularly for cancelled bookings or newly released slots.