Digital screens are located in libraries and departments across the UCL campus to share information with our community.
If you’d like to know more about digital signage at UCL or if you have content you would like to suggest for the screens, please contact email@example.com.
- How do I get content onto a screen at UCL?
Firstly, you will need to find out who the local content manager is for the screens you would like to display content on. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already have content ready, you will be able to submit this to your local content manager.
- How do I create new content?
- Download the following templates depending on whether the screens you have in mind are in a portrait or landscape position
Portrait template *(for use in the Student Centre and Libraries)
- Drag and drop your imagery and text onto this template
- Export file as a PNG (or MP4 if this includes animation) and send this to your local content manager
- Is there any guidance on the type of content I can submit?
When creating new content, please consider the following:
- Slides will only be shown for approx. 7 seconds each in the rotation of different content.
- Make sure the image you choose has sufficient contrast with the banner colour in the top right corner so the UCL letters are legible
- Make sure the image you choose has some copy space – an area of less detail, where the font colour you choose has sufficient contrast to be legible
- Adjust the title text size to fit your headline length. If it drops below 24pt though consider rewriting to make it more punchy
- Try to include a Call To Action in your content
- Include a website link where available
- Include important dates where applicable
- What are the recommended dimensions for the content?
Portrait screens: 1080x1920
Landscape screens: 1920x1080
- How do I get access to manage screens in my department/building?
Please email email@example.com stating which screen(s) you need access to.
This may fall under a particular building, department or faculty. If you are unsure which folder your screen(s) sit under on the OneLan CMS, please check this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I upload content?
If you have been granted access to the relevant screens, you should be able to sign in to the OneLan CMS via digital-signage.ucl.ac.uk/signin
Use your UCL login and you should see the folders that contain content for your screens via Media > Files & Folders
You can either drag and drop your content into the folder, or once in the folder, select Upload Files
- How do I get a new screen or get support with an existing screen?
You can contact the ISD service desk:
If you have a local support team, they will be able to assist you: