Communication and marketing activity is vital to UCL’s continuing success and its ability to attract research talent, funding and students.
As UCL’s profile continues to grow, we want to ensure we maximise our reputation and profile as a world-leading organisation, and continue to be an aspirational choice as a destination for students in a demanding marketplace.
Communications and Marketing (CAM) aims to provide UCL with the leadership, expertise and services that enhance the quality and effectiveness of the university's communications and recruitment activities.
CAM helps to protect, reinforce and elevate UCL’s reputation, fostering public understanding of our mission so the wider public can value the importance and impact of our work.
- Affiliate student recruitment
- Advice on affiliate student recruitment.
- Brand and visual identity
- Help implementing UCL's visual identity guidelines.
- Corporate and public events
- Support in organising events for key target audiences.
- Corporate design
- Support with design, branding and production.
- Design and print: degree programmes
- Guidance on promoting UCL degree programmes.
- Digital marketing
- Using digital media to engage with prospective students.
- Writing and editing corporate print and digital publications.
- Graduate marketing
- Guidance for departments on promoting graduate (taught or research) programmes.
- Internal communications for staff
- Support in communicating effectively with all UCL staff.
- International student recruitment
- Helping to recruit international students to UCL.
- International student recruitment strategy
- Analysis of the international student recruitment environment in which UCL operates.
- Market research
- Research into UCL's different prospective student markets.
- Media relations
- Promoting UCL throughout the global media and connecting journalists to academics.
- Print and online prospectus
- Updating and maintaining student recruitment publications: undergraduate prospectus, graduate prospectus and the study abroad guide.
- Social media
- Management of central UCL social media accounts.
- Social media: international
- Management of social media accounts to engage with international audiences.
- Student communications
- Internal communications targeting students.
- Summer School recruitment
- Enabling undergraduate students from around the world to undertake a range of courses.
- UK undergraduate recruitment
- Helping to recruit undergraduate students to UCL.
- Video and audio: student recruitment
- Providing help creating video content to promote programmes or services to prospective students.
- Video and audio: research, UCL life
- Creating video and audio stories to showcase UCL's excellence, values and distinctiveness.
- Management of certain central UCL websites.