The Bartlett stands in solidarity
2 June 2020
The Bartlett stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, our Black students, staff, alumni and partners. We take incredibly seriously our responsibility to be race conscious, anti-racist, and to challenge anti-blackness in all of our work, every day.
We commit to understanding and readdressing the erasure of race from the built environment, and built environment education. We commit to putting money and resources into supporting young racialised minorities to partake in a UCL education.
We commit to changing our attitude, our ideas, and the language we use about who belongs in spaces like ours.
We commit to doing better, and to breaking with the traditions of our past and present.
- How you can help:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at The Bartlett:
- ‘Race’ and Space, a free-to-download curriculum for the built environment:
- The Bartlett Promise, a long-term project to attract students from a broader range of backgrounds to tackle the lack of diversity in the sector:
- A Bartlett for everyone, our blueprint for a more inclusive faculty:
- Confidential support for UCL students: