Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
"Working towards equality, diversity and inclusion should challenge us and disrupt our current systems, attitudes and behaviours. Without such disruption we risk tweaking the edges of inequality. I am proud to belong to a Faculty that is aware of the scale of the challenge before us and committed to taking leaps to address it. EDI at The Bartlett means building a better present and future for us all."
Dr Kamna Patel, Vice-Dean (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion)
News and events:
New! Inclusive Spaces event series
How can we break down systematic inequalities in urban spaces? How can we build better for everyone?
The Bartlett’s monthly Inclusive Spaces event series explores equity, diversity and inclusion in the built environment.
Join us each month as we delve into the latest research and ideas from The Bartlett’s world-leading thinkers on race, gender, LGBTQ+, disability – and other dimensions of diversity in the built environment.
- Listen: UCL podcast features Professor Ben Campkin and Lo Marshall’s work on LGBTQ+ venues
- Report: UCL publishes its Gender and Ethnicity Pay Report (2019)
- Launch: UCL pilots the B-MEntor mentoring scheme for Professional Services staff from Black and Minority Ethnic background
- Launch: UCL launches Report + Support and the Full Stop campaign to address and prevent bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct
- Article: Bartlett Vice-Dean (EDI) delivers a keynote at the 'Advancing Equality in Higher Education' event at the University of Birmingham
- Article: Workshops address doctoral mental health at The Bartlett