UCL is amongst the best universities in the world. Academic excellence and disruptive thinking have been the status quo since 1826.
UCL students are directly involved in research, equipping them for the future and inspiring a lifelong curiosity. We teach our students how to think, not what to think.
Amongst the very best in the world
- 8th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2020), 4th in Europe, 1st in London
- 1st in UK for research strength (REF 2014)
- 1st in England to welcome students of any religion or social background.
- 1st in England to welcome women to university education.
- 1st in England to teach English, German, Chemistry, Engineering.
- A brave and progressive approach that has continued to this day.
- 1st in England to have a fully open access university press.