UCL is taking on some of the biggest challenges of our time, and making vital contributions to the public good. Discover more about our strategic goals, key statistics and history.
As set out in UCL 2034, UCL's strategy is based on the following principal themes:
- Academic leadership grounded in intellectual excellence
- A global leader in the integration of research and education, underpinning an inspirational student experience
- Addressing global challenges through our disciplinary excellence and distinctive cross-disciplinary approach
- An accessible, publicly engaged organisation that fosters a lifelong community
- London’s Global University: in London, of London and for London
- Delivering global impact through a network of innovative international activities, collaborations and partnerships.
We are continually making an impact on the world we live in.
- Supported by the Duchess of Cambridge, we are working to discover how early life experience shape the human brain.
- UCL students have won the Hult prize with a business idea aiming to alleviate food poverty in Southeast Asia.
- UCL researchers have found first evidence of a supermassive black hole using the Event Horizon telescope.
- UCL spinout company Autolus develops and commercialises T-cell therapies for the treatment of different cancers.
For more on our top achievements, check UCL 2021 annual review.
For the latest on UCL research impact, visit Made at UCL, a collection of the top 100 stories of disruptive discoveries from UCL.