An image of a Purkinje cell using a scanning electron micrograph created by Prof. Michael Hausser, Sarah Rieubland and Arnd Roth (Hausser Lab) has won a Wellcome Image Award.
The judges selected just 20 images to go on display at science centres and public galleries across the UK, as well as in additional venues in Europe and the USA. Read more about this year's participating venues at the about us page on the Wellcome Image Awards website.
The judging of the 2015 Wellcome Image Awards took place in November 2014, and the overall winner will be announced on Wednesday 18 March 2015.
- Wellcome Trust Image Awards
- The art of science - Wellcome Images 2015 BBC
- Caught by the lens: the hidden secrets of nature - in pictures Guardian
- Wellcome Image Awards 2015: Winning images in science photo competitio Telegraph
- The best science images of the year are mind-boggling and beautiful Salon
- The best medical images of the year: a mesmerising nano-world where science becomes art The Conversation