This course is a development pathway for PS Staff, leading (ideally) to the submission of an application for fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Professional Services (PS) Staff make an important contribution to UCL’s mission, by providing training and support for learning.
The course will enable you to think creatively about supporting teaching, learning, and assessment in your role. It will guide you in developing a fellowship application in a structured way over four synchronous, interactive sessions and through a variety of tasks. You will also have the opportunity to meet colleagues from different parts of UCL and to discuss how your experience maps to the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF).
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- identify ways in which their role and experience support high quality student learning and student outcomes
- reflect on their professional practice and consider the ways it impacts on the learning of others
- recognise the importance and value of their work and how it contributes to UCL's operations and strategy
- understand what a good UCL arena fellowship application looks like
- demonstrate how their experience and knowledge meet the relevant criteria of the UKPSF for the appropriate fellowship category
Dates/times of sessions
- Session 1 – 17 June; 2pm – 3.30pm
- Session 2 – 1 July; 2pm – 3.30pm
- Session 3 – 14 July; 10am – 11.30am
- Session 4 – 29 July; 10am – 11.30am
- Session 5 – 8 November ; 2pm – 3.30pm (Optional session)
Sessions will be conducted online, via MS Teams or Zoom.
Who should apply:
This course is ideal for PS staff who have worked in higher education for at least two years and provide teaching and student support.
It is most suitable for (but not restricted to) PS staff who work in:
- programme/teaching administration
- digital education
- library services
- teaching laboratories
- student wellbeing.
How to register
Please complete the form by Thursday 3 June by 5 pm, if you are interested in participating in this course.
Please note: we can only accept a maximum of 20 people for this course.
Please email email@example.com if you require any further information.