UCL Arena Centre launches new Arena Senior Fellowship pathway
23 April 2018
New sessions are available to support staff in applying for Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy through UCL Arena
The UCL Arena Centre for Research-based Education is offering more support to staff wanting to apply for a Senior Fellowship.
It comprises a five-week structured course (five two-hour sessions) for UCL staff who are interested in applying for Senior Fellow (SFHEA) of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
The sessions are not compulsory (except for the opening session), but provide staff with support and guidance on different aspects of their application. The new pathway is being provided to encourage more of our staff who have leadership experience in teaching and learning to apply for this category of Fellowship and to offer additional support and guided writing time to those staff.
The UCL Arena Centre is accredited to award HEA Fellowship to UCL staff.
Sessions available for those applying for Senior Fellowship
Arena Senior Fellowship Pathway
Comprises five sessions in total. The first session is compulsory and then you can choose to attend any further sessions, depending on what support you need.
- Session one (all applicants should attend): An introduction to what Arena Senior Fellowship comprises and ideas and practices of leadership in education and academic practice. Wednesday 9 May, 3pm – 5pm
- Session two: Developing activities (understanding the ‘Areas of Activity’ dimensions of the Professional Standards Framework) Wednesday 16 May, 2pm – 4pm
- Session three: Considering knowledge (understanding the ‘Core Knowledge’ dimensions of the Professional Standards Framework) Wednesday 23 May, 2pm – 4pm
- Session four: Reflecting on values (understanding the ‘Professional Values’ dimensions of the Professional Standards Framework). Wednesday 30 May, 2pm – 4pm
- Session five: Writing your application. Ring-fenced time to write your application with a member of Arena staff on hand to assist and answer any questions. Wednesday 13 June, 2pm – 4pm
An additional session is available to book (not part of the Arena Senior Fellowship pathway)
UCL Arena Senior Fellow Guidance Session: Developing your application. An opportunity for you to bring your draft application and go review it with a member of Arena staff.
- Tuesday 8 May, 3pm – 4pm
- Wednesday 13 June, 11am – 12pm
- Friday 13 July, 11am – 12pm
- Thursday 23 August, 11am – 12pm