Giving effective feedback, 10 May online
10 May 2023, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
In this one-hour session, participants will discuss the qualities of good feedback, mechanisms for giving feedback and consider how students can be encouraged to use their feedback.
This event is free.
- UCL staff
UCL Arena Centre
10th May, 2pm-3pm
The session is open to all staff who provide feedback to students in any aspects of teaching and assessment. Research into feedback suggests that students have difficulty understanding and using teacher feedback on their assessments. We will explore solutions to this in the context of increasingly blended delivery modes, while thinking about what makes feedback most useful and meaningful to an individual.
This workshop will:
- Explore characteristics of good feedback
- Help you to consider ways to give effective feedback
- Support your planning on how you can signpost feedback and opportunities for students to use it across a module or programme
After attending this session you will:
- Identify characteristics of good feedback
- Select ways to give effective feedback
- Plan how you can signpost feedback opportunities and support students’ use of feedback
Who should attend
Early career, mid career, education leaders. Appropriate for anyone who is involved in giving feedback to students: PGTAs through to Education Directors.