Getting started with inclusive practice, 13 Feb (online)
13 February 2023, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Learn tips to ensure your teaching is inclusive, in this workshop led by UCL Arena Centre.
UCL Arena Centre
This event will be online.Details of the Zoom link will be sent closer to the date...United Kingdom
13 February 10:30am-12pm
UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all staff at UCL who teach students.This session is aimed at participants who wish to get started with, or gain a broader overview of, ‘inclusive education’. It will outline the rationale for actively inclusive teaching, which students should benefit, and offer brief introductions to terminology and frameworks associated with inclusivity.
This workshop will:
- Acquaint participants with legal, moral and professional requirements around inclusivity
- Help participants find their way around the complex topics and resources available
- Introduce participants to their own assumptions and stereotypes
After attending the session you will be able to:
- Identify different types of discrimination
- Identify legally protected characteristics
- Be aware of a range of other factors that can affect students, with implications for education
- Be familiar with some resources to draw on to make education more inclusive
Who should attend
You should attend if you are a member of UCL staff who teaches.