Approaches to supporting students for Professional & Technical Services staff, 8 December (online)
08 December 2022, 10:00 am–11:30 am
This workshop, offered by UCL Arena Centre, is aimed at professional and technical services staff who are new to student support, or personal tutoring, roles at UCL. It focuses on the role of professional/technical services colleagues within personal tutoring and provide support for working with students in this setting.
This event is free.
- UCL staff
UCL Arena Centre+44 20 7907 4625
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.______United Kingdom
Thursday 8 December 2022, 10:00 - 11:30 (online)
In this session we will:
- explore approaches in the remote & blended environments
- discuss some challenging scenarios
- review further sources of support for students & staff
- review UCL’s approach to personal tutoring and your role within it
- reflect on expectations, boundaries & referrals
- consider how to have conversations with students
We suggest you familiarise yourself with sections 3, 5, and 7 of the UCL Personal Tutoring online course before attending the workshop. Additional workshop resources are hosted on the UCL Personal Tutoring eXtend site and will be made available at least one week ahead of the workshop.
Who should attend
Professional and technical services. Professional and technical services staff who are new to student support, or personal tutoring, roles at UCL.