Developing as a UCL personal tutor 11 November
11 November 2021, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Aimed at Personal tutors who have completed the “Introduction to Personal Tutoring at UCL” or “Remote Personal Tutoring” workshop.
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.******United Kingdom
Thursday 11 November 10:00 - 12:00
UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all existing and new Personal Tutors who have completed the Introduction to Personal Tutoring at UCL session.
It will provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your practice and to discuss a range of more in-depth and authentic tutee scenarios with a range of colleagues from across UCL.
Your role as a personal tutor is increasingly shown to be important for supporting the student experience, academic development and wellbeing, particularly within the ongoing remote working context. This workshop, developed through a UCL Changemakers staff-student partnership, aims to equip you with a wide variety of tools, and confidence, to support students both pastorally and academically.
In this session we will:
- Consider what students see as being important in a Personal Tutor;
- Reflect on real situations gathered by students and presented in an engaging way;
- Discuss how to approach these personal tutoring scenarios in small groups;
- Explore ways to communicate and empathise effectively with students;
- Be aware of support for students and staff.
Who should attend
You should attend if you are a member of UCL staff who is a personal tutor or provides pastoral care.