Developing as a UCL research supervisor online 10 Feb
10 February 2021, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
You will discuss in further detail, supervisory responsibilities, developing an effective supervisory relationship and factors for successful supervision in this workshop led by the UCL Arena Centre.
- UCL staff
UCL Arena Centre02031088937
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.******United Kingdom
You must use Desktop@UCL to register for this event
You will need to use either Desktop@UCL or a secure VPN (Virtual Private Network) to book an event on MyLearning.
Please visit ISD guidance pages for information on this. Please note it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer as your web browser whilst using MyLearning.
Wednesday 10 February 10:00 - 12:00
UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all existing and new supervisors at UCL.
You must successfully complete the mandatory online course in UCL eXtend before attending this session: Introduction to research supervision at UCL.
New and experienced supervisors are invited to join this further training session. You will discuss in more detail your responsibilities as supervisor and explore how to develop an effective supervisory relationship.
This workshop will:
- present UCL's regulations an Code of Practice
- provide support from UCL Doctoral School and UCL Student Support and Wellbeing
- explain how to develop an effective supervisory relationship and;
- equip you to manage difficult situations
After attending this session you will
- understand UCL policy and procedure for effective supervision
- share experiences with peers
- know where to find further support and guidance
Who should attend
New and existing research supervisors will find this session useful.
You should attend this session if you have completed the online manditory course for supervisors: Introduction to research supervision at UCL.
How to join the online course: Introduction to research supervision
- Go to UCL eXtend - do not enter your email and password on this page - ensure you select the option 'UCL log in'. Then log in using your UCL single-sign on.
- Once logged into UCL eXtend, click on (or copy and paste into your browser) the link to the course.
If you have any trouble accessing the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.