Fully-funded student internships from the Arena Centre and UCL Careers to support preparations or engage in evaluations in time for the next academic year 2021/22.
Benefits to Departments
The Connected Learning Internships will enable departments to engage with students, to support the changes required. This could include technical support for remote teaching; consultancy on content for welcome activities; developing resources to support the transition of new and returning students; support to develop products or enhancements that will enrich the student experience in 2021/22.
Students benefits and requirements
These opportunities will enable UCL students to gain some experience to add to their CV. Students who undertake the internships will have a designated supervisor within the hiring department.
Interns will also be asked to complete a self-reflective tool and have the opportunity to discuss how the internship has supported their employability skill development, with a UCL Careers consultant. This will also enable students to reflect on how the experience could be articulated to future employers.
Propose an internship
Ensure your project title summarises what it's about, by including three or four keywords to help students identify which ones look interesting for them. You should include some or all of the following: discipline, level of study, focus of activity (eg. module assessment, induction activity, etc) and essential person and technical specifications.
Here are some examples of effective titles from previous internships:
- Designing standardised Moodle Course Pages and online social environments for new and returning PGT Clinical Trials students
- Moving the Economics First Year Challenge online
- MSc Health Economics and Decision Science: Designing induction and social activities, and supporting preparation for online teaching delivery
- Adapting and Creating Blackboard Collaborate Ultra resources for MA Music Education
- Content Development Assistant for MSc Dental Health
- Evaluating the Digital First Learning Approach in Economics
- Fun and Games - upgrading gameified learning resources from Flash to HTML5
Please also remember that your intern may have access to module content that is normally hidden from students during their internship. Consider whether it is appropriate for someone who might do this module, to do your internship.
Ensure you maximise the employability benefits of working on your internship! These opportunities are key for students to gain some work experience while the availability of external internships is reduced.
The closing date for staff to submit project proposals is Friday 26 March 2021, 23:59 GMT.
Student interns are paid the London Living Wage. Students will be paid via Unitemps and there will be no work required from the department.
Join a drop-in session
If you have a question about the internships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org