Fully-funded student internships from the Arena Centre and UCL Careers were awarded to departments to engage students to support their preparations for Connected Learning in Terms 2 and 3 in 2020/21.
We have approved 62 proposals from departments for a total of 100 internships:
- Proposals came from 28 departments in nine faculties
- Four central service departments also submitted (OVPR, Library, Estates, Careers)
- The biggest single project is four interns to help create online activities for three core Y1 modules in Chemistry.
- The highest number of proposals was from the Med School, six proposals from their Connected Learning lead.
- We will fund 62 of the submitted proposals, mostly at the level requested.
Benefits to Departments
The Connected Learning Internships will enable departments to engage with students, to support the changes required. This could include technical support for remote teaching; consultancy on content for welcome activities; developing resources to support the transition of new and returning students; support to develop products or enhancements that will enrich the student experience in 2020/21.
Students benefits and requirements
These opportunities will enable UCL students to gain some experience to add to their CV. Students who undertake the internships will have a designated supervisor within the hiring department.
Interns will also be asked to complete a self-reflective tool and have the opportunity to discuss how the internship has supported their employability skill development, with a UCL Careers consultant. This will also enable students to reflect on how the experience could be articulated to future employers.
Propose an internship
Please note the deadline for proposals has now closed.
- Thursday 22 October: internships are advertised to students
- Wednesday 4 November: student internship applications final deadline
- Monday 16-Friday 20 November: results announced
- Tuesday 1 December: earliest date by which internships can start
- Friday 15 January: latest date by which internships can end
- Monday 18 January: final deadline for students to submit timesheets
Student interns are be paid the London Living Wage. Students will be paid via Unitemps and there will be no work required from the department.