Take part in LEAF
The LEAF initiative will help you improve the sustainability and efficiency of your laboratories.
10 August 2020
Above: Key criteria for LEAF. Full criteria list available on request.
How to start a LEAF programme
- If LEAF is new at your institution get in touch with us at LEAF@ucl.ac.uk to sign-up.
- We will add you to LEAF’s online platform. The online platform and criteria guide allows institutions to easily self-assess, either through administrator assessments or our unique peer-audit functionality. A set of recommended audit processes are outlined that institutions may adapt locally, building local capacity for sustainable science in the process. Labs may estimate carbon and financial savings based on their actions. Labs can also record any initiatives and savings, to be reported on for their institution. Or just wait to submit to find out your savings.
- Once set up on the online platform, labs can enrol themselves using their UCL ID and password.
- Labs then complete actions for the award level sought (Bronze, Silver, or Gold)
- Labs submit for review
- Once the review is complete, Labs are certified.
- Institutions will be presented with total savings, participation rates, and other data in an impact report.
Resources and Materials
Support with LEAF