Undergraduate / BSc degrees
UCL is the only university offering these single honours degrees. Our programmes study how scientific knowledge is created and used. They allow you to combine a passion for science with an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the humanities and social sciences. You can find details of our degree courses below or visit our Undergraduate Admissions FAQ to find out how to apply.
For prospective students:
- Information for applicants
- Resits: Allowed - We considered applicants who are undertaking resits. Applicamts that have undertaken more than two attempts will be referred to our admissions tutor to see if they can be considered.
- Second year entry: We will not consider applications to enter on to the second year of our degree programmes.
- Alternative personal statement: Not considered
- Mature applicants (aged 21 or over at the start date of the degree programme): We understand that good applicants might have breaks in their education for various reasons, and we want mature students to excel at UCL. We will only consider applicants who have met or are predicted to meet entry requirements. If those qualifications were completed more than three years ago then the applicant will be referred to our admissions tutor to see if they can be considered.
- UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate (UPC): UPC students will receive a conditional offer for their chosen degree if they are predicted to meet its entry requirements (and have a clearly relevant personal statement).
- Access to HE Diploma: We consider Access to HE Diploma for all of our programmes. Please note, where subject specific requirements are stipulated at A level we may review your Access to HE syllabus to ensure you meet the subject specific requirements prior to a final decision being communicated.
- BTEC: BTEC qualifications will be considered for all of our programmes. Please check the programme’s page in our prospectus for further information.
Syllabus Library for HPSC modules
All HPSC modules have a syllabus. This functions as an owner's manual, with course plan, schedule of activities, assessment, reading list, and other essential information. STS provides a Syllabus Library for all current modules and an archive for past offers. If you don't find what you're seeking, simply ask.
Questions & Answers
There's a lot you should ask and a lot for us to tell you in our FAQ section.
Find out more about term dates and college closures.
What you will be expected to do during your first few weeks at UCL.
Access the course synopses for all our undergraduate taught modules.
Explore your Home
UCL guarantees all first-year students a residential place - find your accommodation.
How to Apply
Details on how to apply to study with STS.
Undergraduate Tutor (Students)
Dr. Jean-Baptiste Gouyon
Tel: 020 7679 3490
Dr. Erman Sozudogru
Tel: 020 7679 2959